Sunday, August 21, 2005

The weekend.

I woke up this morning feeling pretty down. I think I'm homesick. Not for a home because I don't quite know where that is but for the people who know me and love me.

Yesterday, the CSU students went to Marseilles. It is, I believe, one of the oldest cities in France. It's right on the Mediterranean. Could I possibly describe to you how blue that water is? I saw two churches, ate sherbert, and had the most wonderful bouillabaisse soup (not quite in that order but emphasis needed to be placed on the soup). I'm finding I should have one blog to tell you about everything that's happening and then one blog to write about all the food. Marseilles is famous for bouillabaisse soup, a sort of fish stew.

Friday, I met with a woman to see if I wanted to live with her for the year. She lives by herself, however, somewhat far from town. And that's when I realized I truly love being around people. I've lived with only one person before and it is so lonely. So, hopefully, I will be able to find a family this week with lots of people.

Since Jason seems so anxious to know if I've tried the wine (and I'm sure others are curious), I have. I had some with dinner Friday night. See. Responsibility. Heh heh.

And then it is necessary to mention that, on our way home from dinner Friday night, we saw a full orchestra playing outside in front of Louis XIV's residence. I wished for you all because I know that we would be dancing (and AJ might just be standing, contemplating the beauty of the music).

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really really miss you. I'm so glad that you is having a chance to do something like this. Your in my prayers. Love ya girl!!!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

was there a fountian? because i can imagine it being dance worthy with out one... of course it is live... and in france... sigh. I LOVE YOU! i went to steamers last night and saw a 50's style barber shop quartet/band called "the four freshmen" they have been around for 60 years, they just keep rotating people (they were really good!!) and my aunt knew one of them so i got to hang out with them backstage :D >-----------------:D------------------< we all miss you lovely!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

* i cant*

1:36 PM  
Blogger Narisilme said...

Yes, there was.

It's funny...the next day in the same courtyard I saw some acrobats performing. One guy stripped down to his underwear while doing a handstand. Europe at its finest.

1:32 AM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

LOL~! uuum... eleanor... i know france is abundant in the arts... is that the best material you could entertain yourself with?? ;)

did you ever get my letter?

12:36 PM  
Blogger Narisilme said...

I did! And it made me so very happy!

1:33 AM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

JOY :D Guess whos in my art civ. class... i was bent on passing on your message, but alas i had to run out the door this morning and didnt have time to find the note (i have to have it for the effect of course) but i WILL pass it on in the near future... heh... i got butterflies for you, its not even my message and i was getting nervous (i actually was going to do it the first day of that class on tues, but he split too soon!) i love you eleanor! bethany and i decorated our bathroom all blues and whites... sigh... my very first co-decotor color corrdinated room! ill take pictures just for you! so... have you... found my husband yet?? im getting kind of anxious ;)
have a wonderful weekend!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

so like i didnt spell any of those words right... and i didnt notice untill i hit enter... darn typoes :P

11:38 AM  
Blogger Narisilme said...

Rae, you are so courageous! I wonder if I would have had the nerve to really go through with it. But I guess that's me thinking about it after two weeks. I wouldn't let myself think about it too hard the night-of or I would have chickened out.

I love you. I love you! I love you!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy you have a wonderful girl like Bethany as a roommate.

And, well, the whole husband thing...I'm working on it but things, as of yet, haven't been too successful. Someone (as in a very handsome Italian looking man with a ponytail) did ask me for my phone number! But, rest assured, I brushed him off. I have to find SOME sort of French male, however, so I can ask for a ride on a Vespa!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

whad you do that for?? of course, im sure they'll just keep getting better :P

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home