Wednesday, July 20, 2005

My life as a teacher. My life as a student.

I taught Grace how to ride a bike last night. She refused to learn how to ride a bike when she was younger because she didn't like falling. I now have the privilege of bestowing my gracious knowledge on a graceful Grace. What a hoot. I mean, besides Grace falling and cussing which had me practically on the asphalt with laughter (the cussing part, not the falling), Grace had me cracking up because she would talk to herself as she started to pedal. "Come on, Grace," she'd say, "move that foot." Then, she would start to sing The Wheels on the Bus as she moved forward. I must say she's a fine protege and should be riding around campus in no time. I will certainly get a good workout from all of this--running backwards and the like as I hold onto the handle bars, trying to keep her balanced.

I had a guitar lesson with Andrew today. I learned the blues. I'm so happy. For once, I have something to work towards on guitar. I have an idea of what I need to practice. And, for once, it sounds good. And, I can finally hang out with that guy and not feel majorly AWKWARD. Great closure to a year of emotional havoc. And that's that.


Note: For those of you soaked in anxious anticipation of the release of Pyschologique Plantique, I have a bit of sad news. Due to technical difficulties (as in I broke the stupid CD and the trial software for digital editing on my computer refuses to open), post production is hereby delayed until further notice. It grieves me much, but time this summer seems to be slipping through my fingers anyway.

10 Comments:

Blogger AJ Harbison said...

Eleanor!! I miss you!!!

Glad to hear you're keeping up with your guitar studies. And it's great to hear that you can hang out with Andrew and not "feel majorly AWKWARD"--awesome! :)

I can't wait to see you next week! Caedmons Call baby! Oh yeah....

AJ
<><

P.S. You know, I'm still open for writing that score... ;)

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It stopped working again? Grr...

9:53 PM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

That last one was me...

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

ah, if i could only have been there! congrats on your improvement in emotional stability! i love you eleanor! >:D<

9:55 PM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

You should try answering your phone sometime. ;-)

10:12 PM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

Returning calls works too!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Narisilme said...

MAYBE I DO...

occasionally.

:)

11:34 PM  
Blogger Narisilme said...

Ah ha!
You wrote another comment before I realized it so I was really responding to the other one. So there. I do actually use my phone. I just might return calls two months later. And I actually DO go to bed. Good night.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a place just like that vw oem part

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home