Friday, August 26, 2005

Pictures have arrived! sort of...

I actually got myself an adapter today and can hook up my laptop to the internet. But for some odd reason the whole Picassa/Blogger thing isn't working for me right now. So, the pictures are close at hand and, yet, still so far away.

A Fun New Game called What Do You Do With Yourself When You Still have a Week Left Before School Starts and It's Nearly Impossible to Connect with the Two Friends You have Made:

Buy a bus pass for the year in a foreign country. Pick a number. Ride that bus and see where it takes you. On bus #6 I ended up in a French country club. There were tennis courts, a rock climbing wall, a swimming pool. But I kept walking. I somehow found myself by a muddy river in the cool of the shade. It was refreshing to see something outside of the city's center.

I have found a "family!" God is to be praised! Yet, it is not exactly what I was expecting. It is one woman who opens up her house to three students. The other students will be Japanese for the first month. So, even to communicate with them I have to speak French. My feelings about this situation are going up and down right now. One moment I think "it's a perfect fit for me" and the next, well, I am showered with disappointment. But I know that when I met with her I was happy and my instincts were not resisting as they did in the first woman's house. I have to trust my instincts. I don't know how God is going to work in this and why my "dream family" is not a part of the plan. I don't know. Patience and trust. Patience and trust. What a test!

3 Comments:

Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

sigh... how is it possible you are from new orleans, im from orange county... you belong in france and i belong in hawaii??!?! and yet... we belong together! geez. what a confused world... perhaps we can meet in the middle... kansas or the big blue?

2:49 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hello My sweet Eleanor!
It sounds like you are having an adventure! i am so excited for you! The Lord is already teaching you a lot! i am so glad for you! I think you will learn a lot from this situation!

Have you gone to church yet? How's all that going.
Love,
Jessica

2:57 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

OH! forgot to tell you "the view" (a band from church not the day-time tv) had a show at a club in la and tonight they are playing at an army base! the band is composed of three guys, including steve and andrew! aka elijah wood and company :D hehehe

thought you would like to know, hope it made you smile! i love you!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home