Thursday, June 16, 2005

At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. ~Jean Houston

This is my last contact with civilized life for a whole week.
So yeah, guys, tomorrow I'm packing up and heading out to my aunt's house. Oooh. A whole twenty minutes away through desert heat and mountainous freeways. And when I get there I will be detached from all civilized existence. I'm leaving the laptop at home. My aunt's computer takes 10 minutes to boot up one site so forget that. So I guess this is it. However, I have not yet had the surgery to remove the cell phone growing out of my hip. The phone, I guess, will have to come. But I'm seriously considering turning it off come Sunday morning because...drum roll please...I'M GOING TO CAMP!!!!!!!!!! Northern California here I come. Trees. Dirt. More trees. (Doug, this is for you). I'm going to help my uncle cook for a slew of kids in STRAM camp. Yes, more kitchen work! But, I'll get to do some of the fun, campy activities, too. Possibly kayaking, ropes course. All that to say I will be cut off from the world of technology come tomorrow so I might as well give a decent update--while I should be going to bed.

Community life
For those of you living in the apartments next year, I can now say that I've seen them and love them! Doug and Jake took me over there tonight. Count on me moving in the year after next! Of course, I may have to sleep in a closet but the one under the girls stairs doesn't seem so bad. It feels like home, guys. I'm so excited for you all!

Anyone care to watch a French film?
I think I was born to make French films. Melissa, Cormack and I shot some footage the other night about a plant psychiatrist. I've now been challenged by Melissa to edit the footage into a complete film with music, etc. This movie is, yet again, proof of my twisted sense of humor. But I'll try not to give it away. I'm going to edit it and, then, invite people to it's debut on August 5th. I love Melissa because she dares me to put my artistic dreams in action. I don't mean to build this up too much--but Cormack has such a great, planty sort of voice and Melissa has quite the fine acting of a child on the brink of revolt that I just couldn't keep my fingers from typing. It was such splendid fun!

Campus Crusade is in my blood.
God is so good and so amazing. I cannot wait to see how He will work in my life next year. Jessica met a woman over in Virginia who's going to be starting up a Campus Crusade project (I think it's called STINT) in Aix-en-Provence. Hello! I love seeing how the Church is connected, how God brings together people from all over the world to bring glory to Himself. That is why I want to travel. Traveling is in my very blood. (Along with dancing, of course.) I want to see the "network" of the Church as it unfolds.

Well, I did what I could.
That's about it, my friends and dearest related ones. (Rachel, Happy Belated Birthday! I wish phones would behave themselves, don't you? You're almost graduated!!! Yay!!!! We WILL get together soon). The rest of my week has just been consumed with swimming, working, painting, watching Anne of Green Gables, and talking on the phone. Yes, I ought to get that surgery soon. I wonder if it's covered by insurance.

4 Comments:

Blogger AJ Harbison said...

Eleanor!! I love you and I miss you!

I'll try to give you a call tomorrow on my lunch break--I'd like to talk to you before you go away. It's been so long!

And by the way.... you know, if you need a composer for your film.... ;)

AJ
<><

10:39 PM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

I hope you had fun at camp. It's weird how from my perspective, you haven't left yet, but when you read this, you'll have already gone and returned. Almost as weird as the tenses in my narrative the other day.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm invited to see your French film, yes? Lovely, indeed.

Thanks for the birthdayness, by the way. I wish my phone was in working order, as well. =( Poo. Oh well. I had fun eating lunch with you and having you come to my concert.

I cleaned my house today. Total scrub-down. Now I'm gonna have Soft Scrub with Bleach on my hands for a week. Ew...

I love you.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know people now! Yea!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home