Saturday, July 09, 2005

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be lived. ~Thomas Merton

By golly, it's been awhile. Where to begin? A lot can happen in three weeks or however long it's been. Long story short, I've spent most of my last three weeks at my aunt's house or other places but NOT in the dorm and NOT with my laptop. Here's a brief overview: cousin came into town, camp, Disneyland yet again, parents came into town, cousin's wedding, time at the apartment, time with friends and family, July 4th, more parents time, and camping once again!

Two of my roommates, another girl, and I went camping last night up on some mountain. I have no clue where we were but it was loads of fun and a great time to bond with the roomies. I attempted mountain biking. That was interesting. Kim was speeding down the hill in front of me (mind you, her brakes weren't working, but she didn't care) and all I could do was yell out her name every two seconds while gripping my brakes. We got to explore an ancient dilapidated ski lift and spent the night out under the stars. I haven't seen the Milky Way in so long. Caroline told me the story of the giant triangle. One of the stars is the princess and another one is the prince. They're in love (typical) but they can never be together because of her status and because the great river (or Milky Way) separates them. They can only secretly get together one night out of the year to revive old feelings and there's a great festival in Japan on that day.

STRAM Camp was great, too. I got up really early every morning to prepare food for the campers. I did other activities besides working in the kitchen, though. Rock climbing, kayaking, hiking. Bonding with my most darling cousin, Breanne. Rachel came, too. She asked us to draw her face on a paper plate and take pictures of us with "her." That turned out to be quite an entertaining way to spend the afternoon. Breanne and I got hold of a mop top. It was orginally supposed to be Rachel's hair but we wound up wearing it and modeling for the camera.

I got to spend a lot of time thinking on the way up and back from the Sierras. It's amazing how your mind can wander on long car rides. That's what I love about them. I spent much time thinking about how I feel like I'm on the brink of something. On the edge of a cliff, ready to jump. I sometimes wonder if this desire to pick up and go will hurt my opportunity to keep close friends. I can never sit still for too long. I'm always wanting to move on. But I want somewhere to come back to, a home. These are very much like the emotions I was having when first starting college. I'm a little emotionally drained. Desiring to be an independant woman and, yet, having the need to curl up in my papa's lap.

My good old friend, CHANGE. I love CHANGE. We were made for each other. He's about to take me on an unforgetable adventure.

It's just you and me here now.
Only you and me here now.
Oh, Jesus, I love you! Take me on this journey!

5 Comments:

Blogger Narisilme said...

What do you mean by that, Cormack?

12:12 AM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

>--:D--< MY LOVE! MY DOVE! Home is where the heart is and you'll always be in mine! one year to a life time, and within that year youll create memories that will last you for a lifetime. You are a mature adult. and you do have the ability to be independant. however, you will always be your daddy's little girl and nothing in the world should stop you from curling up with him! anyways, we are children at heart right? youve done fine in college and you will just as well in france. as soon as you make friends in france give me their contact info, i must instruct them in properly caring for and Eleanor such as yourself! how do you say "one, two, three, piggyback" in french?

I LOVE YOU!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

"an" not "and"

3:44 PM  
Blogger Narisilme said...

I will be sure to ask someone when I'm there.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

I'm terrible in my habits. I read your blog earlier but was too lazy to comment. Now I want to comment, but I'm too lazy to reread your post. Therefore, my comment has nothing to do with your post. Ah well.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home