Friday, July 15, 2005

There ARE perks at work.

Yes, another short blog about work.
On Wednesday, I did some catering for the company that runs the caf at Hope. The catering event took place on campus.
While on break my boss came up to me and said, "Hey, do want to go get the golf cart with me from Operations. We can use it to move a lot of stuff back to the caf."
Ecstatic, I leaped out of my chair and exclaimed, "I've always wanted to ride the golf carts at Hope!"
But it gets better...
My boss then asked, "Well, then, do you want to drive it?"
Heh heh heh.
The first voice in my head said, "Eleanor, be a good little girl and tell her you don't have your license." The second countered, "Eleanor, if you tell her that she won't let you drive it." And, oh, how I wanted to!
So, I didn't tell her. And, she let me drive it. And, it didn't have brakes. In fact, I had to use the emergency brake to stop it.
I must say I did a fine piece of driving (despite backing into the side of a building and running into a gate, almost killing a bed of flowers and nearly hitting a tree). If only, if only I had a golf cart to call my own.

And, now, I really must away to bed. Every bone and muscle cracks and aches. Work has been extremely intense lately at The Grove. It's yet another very humbling job--although it has perks of its own (but, sadly, no golf carts to drive).

4 Comments:

Blogger Idhrendur said...

I'm almost (but not quite) glad I wasn't there for that.

Then again, I'm in the same county of "The Vik" when he drives. That's 1000 times worse than anything little-ol-you could accomplish.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

Oh, and for some strange reason, I left a comment for you on Mark's blog. I blame the lack of sleep. And that's not getting better for a week and a half...at least.

10:47 PM  
Blogger AJ Harbison said...

lol! That's awesome. I've always wanted to drive a golf cart too. :)

Hope your bones start feeling better soon. :p

And... hmm... about the score for your French film....?

AJ
<><

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, remember when I told you I would get the hiccups within a week because you had the hiccups? Well, I did. I told you those things were contagious. A little late, but they're contagious nevertheless.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home