Wednesday, February 01, 2006

On her quest to find a home, Eléanor starts to realize it's found in the hearts of people

Journal entry, February 1st

I realize that relationships are what matter. And I knew that but let me elaborate. I went to tea with Becky this afternoon. We first went to the Place de Vendôme. As we sat on a bench and watched the sun descend, I realized how much of an impact Becky has had on my life. I recalled the first time I met Rae--I thought she reminded me of Becky. When I first met Tara, I thought of Becky. But Becky is surely her own person. We sat on that bench and the memories started to flood back. Memories that were hidden, dormant for a time. I had specific images of tree climbing, Becky's house, the French surrealist film we saw at the Prytania theatre. I forgot I spent so much time with her. I can never let her go. No matter what distance separates us, no matter how much time passes. She is my homecoming.

After a turn through the park, we went to a "tea salon," sat on the floor with Frédérique the snake, we sketched a tree in honor of the magnolia that lost its life in the floods of hurricane Katrina. Becky loved that tree that stood in front of her house. So when I am grieving, God brings this wonderful girl back into my life, this wonderful friend. ...with Becky, being 10 seems like just yesterday.

...All the glory goes to God. His timing is perfect!


A la carte

I'm going to start teaching English to one of my Japanese friends! I am so excited but have no clue where to begin! Aunt Jo, you would be proud.

5 Comments:

Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

you should probably start with the simple phrases, like: "you stink", "whats up home dog" and of course "would you like to dance?"

I love you Eleanor, and I am so thankful that God is blessing you- I would certianly like to meet this Becky lady, she sounds hip ;) of course just like home, she will never me to me what she is to you... praise God for keeping her in your life. Hey, maybe someday you will meet a crazy chick and say "she kinda reminds me of Rae" ;) I suppose we will have to scale a tree first.... or would getting stuck on the roof suffice?

>--:D--< I cant wait to chit with you-

5:20 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

*be to me

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many of our classes start
T: Hello, how are you?
S: Fine thank you, and you.
But you may find that very dull. Get some real Eleanor vocab. that goes with your crazy dance steps. Also give it a little cajun twist to the pronunciation

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eleonore,

Je suis contente que Dieu te benisse avec cette meilleure amie de toi. Mais, dis-moi, comment est-elle arrivee a Aix? Est-ce que Becky passe des vacances ou est-elle avec un programme d'etudes etrangeres (peut-etre le meme programme que toi)? Je crois que Dieu te l'a envoye pour te conforter apres le desastre de Katrina.

A bientot!
Alice

Que Dieu de donne les mots corrects lorsque tu enseignes l'anglais au japonais.
tooooooooooooodaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*que Dieu te donne*

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home