Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The true fruit of travel is perhaps the feeling of being everywhere at home. --Freya Stark

Jason Phillip's talk at Campus Crusade really spoke to me today. It has become clearer to me this year that I am, indeed, a storyteller. I've rediscovered my love for fairy tales. Today in French class we read another fairy tale. It was so well written and so beautiful that all I could do was sit there and let the words wash over me. There's so much to say on this subject but I've chosen a poor time to pour out my heart. It's off to class yet again. But, I think it is so important that we, as God's heirs, tell stories. Isn't it so exciting that God created us to be story-lovers? God is the ultimate storyteller!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’ve never really thought about that – telling stories – but I guess it’s true, that human beings are story lovers. I think it would be cool to tell a story.
So I decided to write you one.
I'll e-mail it to you so I don't take up space :P What's your e-mail adress? Well I'm gonna go eat dinner, see you later!
-Cormack.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Narisilme said...

It's BBblakbird@msn.com

8:42 PM  
Blogger AJ Harbison said...

Hey Eleanor,
Yeah, I also enjoyed Jason's talk at Crusade today. Very train! hehe. Hey, ask me about postmodernism sometime. There's some really cool stuff there about stories, and non-stories, and a really freakin cool incredibly awesome thing called a METANARRATIVE that I think you might be interested in, since you're so much into stories right now. Anyway, just ask me whenever. I always love talking to you! Train forth!

AJ
<><

12:01 AM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

When you're here during the sumemr, with free time...nab the library's collection of George MacDonald. He wrote fairy tales, and was the indpiration for both CS Lewis and Tolkien.

"The Portent" in particular is awesome.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

I was thinking about this while in the shower this morning (leading to yet another super-long one). About when he asked what church do you go to?

And of course, a better question (and story behind it) is, who is your church family? And I was realizing that UP definitely is not my church family.

I was pondering how that's due to time constraints, and not wanting to be torn between two chruch families (cause I'm super-locked in back home).

And then, in a moment of uterly clarity, I realized something woderful. In the fullest sense, my circle of friends here is my church family. We worship together, we build each other up, we train each other. I was so happy to realize that.

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's awesome. I often say, "Hope IS a church" (not to discourage weekly fellowship with other church families or anything).
-Cormack.

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home