Wednesday, April 27, 2005

This is the day that the Lord has made

I woke up this morning and decided to dedicate my day to God. I should do that everyday but I get distracted and busy and so on. And I've been thinking lately: if this is what a relationship with God is like, then it isn't much. There's got to be more. But, I've been so burnt out lately with just doing my duties and trying to satisfy myself that my relationship with God is drying up. And I wonder if I could really share with someone what it's like to have a personal relationship with the Almighty God.

So, today I had to dedicate myself to Him. And this is what happened: I got to talk with people about God! I rarely initiate spiritual conversations--but today I did and it was amazing. While no one I talked to dedicated themselves to Christ, I still got to talk to them and share the Gospel. And, I trust and hope that God used me today. This is what THE relationship is supposed to be like. It's just a matter of daily dedicating everything to Him.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is definately an important part of the relationship.
It is indeed easy for us to get caught up in the world and distracted, so that our focus is not on God and His Kingdom. Something I've been trying to work on as well..

-Your in my prayers!
Cormack.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

yay eleanor! >---:D---< im so proud to be your friend and sister ..::tear::.. im so happy that you acted upon what we were talking about (be praying for me that i can do that to!)

9:47 PM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

Rock on. That was awesome of you.

Ya know, it seems God has just been pouring appreciation for you into me. You are such a beautiful, wonderful, amazing person. I am so very very glad that I get to be your friend.

12:05 AM  
Blogger AJ Harbison said...

Trainness!

Thanks for the post--very train. Good stuff. Isn't God awesome? :)

And am I allowed to say ditto to everything Stephen just said? Cause if I can... Ditto! :) I love you Eleanor!

AJ
<><

1:42 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

awesome sweety!

Eleanor you truly live up to your name! you are a light, a city on a hill that cannot be hidden! Go forth and shine!

I love you!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home