Monday, May 02, 2005

French quotes make me happy

It's official now. I've paid to live in the dorms this summer. Still trying to decide what kind of job to have. I could go for the job where I sit and read and play on the computer and answer people's questions but only get paid 7 bucks an hour. Or I could try a catering job where I run all over the place with heavy trays and try to appease moody customers but get paid at least 10, sometimes 15. What to do, what to do?

Not much has gone on since my last post except for school and work. I'm in the mood to go on a long bike ride. I tried going on one today but just wound up riding in circles in the parking lot. I'm almost to the point where I can ride with no hands. This has been my goal for sometime. I think I'll learn to skateboard this summer. It's a standard skill, you know. Right up there with cooking and balancing a check book.

Heard a good quote today:
L'humour est la politesse du désespoir. --George Bernard Shaw

I imagine it was in English first but I like it in French.
I like this one too:
Une mère met vingt ans à faire de son fils un homme. Une autre femme en fait un fou en vingt minutes. --Helen Rowland

Then there's:
Il faut vous dire que j'avais perdu tout sens moral à la suite d'une chute de cheval. --Alphonse Allais

French quotes make me happy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Idhrendur said...

Wow. I have to use lame tools like Google's translation service. The first quote seemed to be perfectly traslated. The second, well, I got te idea. The third was just mutilated. Poor confused Stephen.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

i love eleanor so much! if she was a boy id marry her!... i mean HIM! i mean... >:D< MWA!

3:13 AM  
Blogger AJ Harbison said...

So Eleanor do you think you could translate those for poor people like AJ who can't read French and are too lazy to use lame tools like Stephen? :) They look cool. But I don't know what they mean, or even what they sound like. You know what you should do--you should have your next post be an audio post and say them all in French. Now THAT would be cool.

AJ
<><

11:33 AM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

Arg. Then I'd have NO tools to use. Except to ask Eleanor.

Though that isn't exactly a bad thing...

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home