Saturday, February 03, 2007

True Love in Bikerdom

I used to think bicycle seats caused some discomfort. I, also, used to think of my bike as a horse. (Or, perhaps, that was someone's influence...some confused fellow who tried to decide if my bike was a noble steed or a mare). But, no matter. I've found the solution to all my problems and the answer to all my intuition.

COLLEGE STUDENT SADDLES UP FOR CLASS
College student so-and-so awakened one blustery California morning, brushed his teeth, took a large saddle from the shed, and strapped it to his Cruiser. Yes, folks, I actually saw him on campus--bike, saddle, and all. No time for a picture. I simply thrust myself in his path and begged him to marry me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoorah! This reminds me of the unicyclist that goes around my campus. He doesn't have a saddle, but he rides that thing everywhere (barefoot, might I add) and is expert at riding uphill.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

At last you found him!

9:22 AM  
Blogger AJ Harbison said...

Perhaps you're not giving enough credit to the "confused fellow...." He tried, and he didn't want to contradict any previous judgments made on that count.

But I wish I had seen the guy with the saddle. I'll keep an eye out for him tomorrow.

And Rachel--we have a unicyclist on our campus too. I haven't seen him this semester yet. But then again, I'm hardly ever out on campus. Locked away inside the PA building....

AJ
<><

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Chinese New Year!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

this makes me smile so much. like SO much.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home