Wednesday, March 15, 2006

To find joy

On my way to class yesterday, I heard the "chug" of a motorbike behind me. I moved to the side of the street and kept walking. As the bike sped past, I caught a glimpse of the man in motion. He was an old man, a bit scrawny. He wore a black, bulbous helmet and his elbows pointed straight out to either side of him. He wove his wheels through the streets of Aix.

I don't know that I've mentioned this before, but there is a dog for everything in France. Well, there's the rockclimbing dog and a dog that rides the bus and a dog that chills in front of the grocery store. We now have a class puppy named Twiggy. She curled up and took a nap in my lap while I picked apart a piece of prose.

On my way to the computer lab just now, I heard the sound of a guitar apicking and a fiddle ajigging together in a nearby apartment. Yes, I want to learn the fiddle.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eleonore,

Peut-etre tu es la maitresse favorite de Twiggy, non? Si tu apprends a jouer du violon, tu seras "fieet ahza fieedle ahnd reddie fohr LUV!"

A tout a l'heure!
Alice

11:01 AM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

That is indeed a worthy goal. You should do so.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

well give twiggy a pat for me! and dont forget to dig the jig, dance dance dance :D I'll look into those fiddles again :P MWA! love you-

2:01 AM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

Well, that's mostly up to Andrew (he's our movie supplier), but I shall do my best.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much to say! I will save the bulk of it for the letter I shall be soon be sending you. But for right now: "fieet ahza fieedle ahnd reddie fohr LUV!" Bwah! I can read that! This was akin to the moment when I realized I could understand what the little birds were saying to Cinderella in the Disney cartoon. (In case you're wondering, they are twittering in a manner that is very similar to, "Cinderella! It's time to get up now!").
If anyone should learn fiddle, my dear, it is you. And I. We should both learn and be a couple of jiving ladies.

Love always and eternally (I do enjoy redundancy!),
Rachel

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home