Saturday, February 25, 2006

Nice like the city

I got home last night. Becky and I went to Nice for a few days. It was cloudy or rainy most of the time but beautiful nonetheless. We saw two parades. Nice claims to be the capital of Carnaval. Um...I beg to differ. However, the trip inspired me to see all the Carnavals of the world. That means I've still got to head to Venice, Brasil, Columbia, and San Luis Obispo. The first parade threw flowers. I think flowers beat beads. There's nothing like catching a giant leaf and dragging it around for the rest of the evening. It becomes me. And there's also nothing like correcting a group of French kids on their grammar. Becky carries a French dictionary with her at all times and, thus, was able to specify that it is, in fact, "UNE orchidée" and not "UN." We are so cool. Pictures will come as soon as I get them on a CD.

We got lost maybe 4 or 5 times during our trip and crossed half of Nice on foot in search of a sandwich. That's always fun. We went to the Matisse museum. I found a new favorite artist. We explored Roman ruins, medieval ruins. Now, I suppose I'll crack open the books.

2 Comments:

Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

well its good to know that geeks arn't bound to America... they are in fact world wide :D MWA! love you! so... what did you have to do to get flowersthrown at you?

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eleonore,

Ouvrez les livres pour decouvrir quelque chose de nouveau. Je sais que les fleurs vous chantaient au defile.

Je te garde dans mes prieres pour toujours; ne l'oublie pas ce qui tu es en Lui.

L'amour en Christ,

Alice

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home