Monday, October 10, 2005

Petit annonce

My parents were able to go home last week. Our house has a few broken windows. My lemon tree that I planted in kindergarten was knocked over. Our back fence, blown down. We now know that our neighbors who live behind us are Polish--hey, there's no fence, we have to talk to them. Many of the trees in our neighborhood were uprooted, as well. This damage is minimal considering our friends who have lost everything. My father spent most of the week, as he likes to say, "picking up sticks." At the moment, he's planning to keep the job in Texas and meet up with my mom on the weekends. She'll stay in New Orleans. Honestly, we still have no idea what will happen in the future.

The intensive course is over. On to the year long classes: art history, French language history, phonetics, grammar, literature. Good, meaty subjects.

I spent another Saturday with Monsieur Le Mont. He had more of an attitude this time but that's okay. Would you like it if you had little people crawling on your skin day in and day out? I forgive him.

Then, I spent another Sunday eating--this time with the pastor and his Irish bride. Jason, I wished for you. I ate, at least, seven crèpes. Crèpes with ham. Crèpes with cheese. Crèpes with jam. Crèpes with cream.

So, that's it for now. I'm off to class. Please pray that God would give me strength. I need it. And know that all of you are in my prayers.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Jason Rasmussen said...

God was really watching over your family and their home. I was worried that it was flooded and everything destroyed, but I am so thankful that did not happen. I hope that the commute and distance between your parents does not hinder their relationship.

Over here in the states, most people have forgotton about Katrina, as they are focusing on the next big story. A lot still have not forgot, and there are people working on ways to help those in need out there.

So, you and Monsieur Le Mont are good friends now? WOW!! That's like 6 more creps than I have eaten in a sitting, and probably 3 more than my entire lifetime. Did you have creps with creps? I will be sure to keep you in prayer.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

Prayer? Check!

Well, at least as much as I DO pray anymore...I've gotten bad...


And it's good to hear that things weren't too bad for your family. It makes me glad.

2:06 PM  
Blogger AJ Harbison said...

Thanks for the update! Great to hear about your house--hope everything goes well with your parents.

Thanks for the link to my blog, I just noticed it... but hey... it's in French! I don't even know what it says! Now how fair is that?!

AJ
<><

8:40 PM  
Blogger Jason Rasmussen said...

At least she didn't translate your page to French...

Au sujet De Moi

Nom :AJ Harbison
Endroit :Fullerton, La Californie, Etats-Unis

Enfant de Dieu, musicien basculant, penseur, lecteur, auteur, épellation vivante et contrôleur de grammaire (demandez juste à mes amis)

---
Your "about me" page just got 8 times more romantic.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

Le Crepe??? OOoo la la! I'm going crepe crazy myself :D I love you darling-

just you wait, when you get back... ill beat those frechies at their crepe making! they wont know what hit em ;)

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello schmarty pants,level 4! What's happenin? I have finally broken "my vow of silence." Now, if I only had something cool to say. Love your site; need more entries. Texas is BIG; but I'm digging it! Ciao! P

3:37 PM  
Blogger Darth_Harbison said...

AJ—
I'm afraid that my French skills are failing me somewhat, but "Aime" means "like" or "love," so it read "AJ likes" or "AJ loves" . . . something. The last word I don't recognize, and seeing as how I don't really know Eleanor very well, I'm not sure I can make a half-decent guess as to what it means. Sorry. I did my best . . . perhaps you can figure it out. Who knows.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home