Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Harlequin Romance

Some poor soul left a stack of harlequin novels at my French mom's house. Last night, I was sitting at my desk writing a letter. Jake (from Canada) casually waltzed into my room and said, "Hey, Eleanor, have you read Blaze?" He held up a paperback with a fiery red cover.

"Noooooooooooooooooooooo!" I screamed. I could feel myself melting.

"Oh, come now," said he. He opened the book. "Jeremy knew that she wanted him. He felt...gumfle bmfle wmfle shsh bmfle." I do not know what else he read; my hands were over my ears. After a few seconds of reading aloud, his voice trailed off. His eyes got big and his chin dropped. Suddenly, he threw the book down. "I'm not reading that!" he exclaimed and left my room. Phew, safe again.

Le Concert de Noël
Alors, Laura (the other housemate) happens to be one of those rare people that shares my taste in music. We had a guitar party on my very big bed last night. We've decided we're going to put a concert on for Odile (my French mom) during Christmas vacation. This concert will include music by the Beatles, a particular version of "Scarborough Fair," and...well, that's all we've got so far. It's nice to have a fun brother and sister around, even if they are anglophone.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allora, Buon giorno! Come stai, mia bambina ragazza? Oops, wrong country. How are you? Is there something about the "Harlequin" piece that I should be concerned about? You're way too grown-up for me. Living vicariouly through my schmipps. Love you, P

8:37 AM  
Blogger douglasgpierson said...

ELEANOR!!!!! Yay, I found you! How are ya, what's up, howz it goin'? I miss you! Hope everything in France is well! I miss your smile!! ..and you hitting me! I will be in touch more later! Love ya from the US,

Dougie

11:46 AM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

ELEANOR! how could you do such a thing to such an innocent boy?? ;) im just kidding! im glad that it didnt get any more "awkward" than that :D i love you my darling... perhaps you should give him something worth reading ;)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

i came across this artist, i really like her style, and im sure you could navigate around the site better than i could! :D

http://www.claire-wendling.net/

5:28 PM  
Blogger AJ Harbison said...

LOL! I finally looked up the meaning of my link on an online translation site....

"AJ Aime Allemagne" = "AJ Loves Germany"

nice....

AJ
<><

P.S. Yeah I hate Harlequin romances too. With a passion. Get it? With a passion?

12:27 PM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

Ya know, there was a bunch or friends of mine (mostly females) awhile back who had a theory about such books...

I'm glad you feel so strongly opposed to them.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home