Friday, September 02, 2005

Speechless

Um...how do I start this off?

I've gotten a few emails from my parents and somehow got the impression that everything was okay. But, now after a few more emails from friends and family I'm realizing it's not. My home is not what it once was...

My parents are okay. They evacuated to Texas where my aunt lives. Our house is supposedly in decent condition. That's the good news.

But other houses are still under water. Many of our friends have enrolled their kids in other cities. Many people are offering up their homes for my parents to stay in. My uncle is supervising a disaster relief kitchen in Texas for Louisiana evacuees. And, perhaps, what comes as the biggest shock to me is all of our friends have split--perhaps to return to New Orleans, perhaps not. And if they do, it'll be awhile and certainly not the same.

Please pray hard for:
my parents and where they are supposed to go
Dan/Lousie McConnell and family
Mike/Christina Hogg and family
my friend Becky and her family
my friend Brianne and her family
the Thompsons
the Scotts
the disaster relief project in Texas

...just to name a few.

I love you all very much!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eleanor, my heart is broken that this would happen to our family. I'm praying ever so hard for you and the others. I can't even emagion what its like there right now...the pain, the tears and the violence. There is a reason for this, we may never know what it is, but God is in control and that is all that counts. My God be with you during this hard time.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

Thank you eleanor for the update. i didnt doubt that your parents were safe, but other matters were unknown to me! they will most certianly be in my prayers and i will pass it on to southlands as well-
I love you sister!

ps could i get your folks' email address?
>-------:D---------<

1:19 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

Oh, and i got to talk to felix a lot yesterday, he sends his best wishes and is praying for your family!

(he also gave words of encouragement for the gap that was left by my missing second half ;)

1:20 PM  
Blogger Darth_Harbison said...

I'll be praying for your family and friends ;)

Oh, and if it helps to encourage you any, after the show last night Wayne announced that they would be donating one dollar from every ticket sold this weekend to the Salvation Army to help people in NO. Thought you would want to know that.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I will continue to be praying for your Friends and Family!
I love you sister! ...so much! thank you for calling this morning (or last night!) I feel honored that you would call us all for prayer and "vent-age!"
I pray that the Lord will bless you, your family, and friends and continue to hold you guys in His loving arms!
You are blessing to all of us!
I love you!
Love,
Jessica

P.S.
Thank you so much for the postcard! I absolutly LOVE it!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eleanor: Uncle Chuck & I cut short the vacation and came home. He is driving to TX with the kitchen units. Marvin is taking the fabulous shower unit. Marvin had already been to LA with the ARC kitchen, but came back to drive. Tried talking to your mom on phone, but our phones kept ringing - will try today maybe things will slow down. Love you and hope first days of SCHOOL will be great memories. You and your parents are very much in our prayers.
Aunt Jo

7:57 AM  
Blogger Jason Rasmussen said...

You were longing for a homecooked meal in your last post, and then this. I don't know what to say either. I wish I could say something and make everything better but I can't. I also don't want to sound superficial saying everything will be ok, because I don't know either. I will just need to pray even more than I am now for the situation, your friends and family.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home