Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Last night in the dorms!

Oh yeah, baby. Those home cooked meals are calling out to me, softly, sizzling, singing my name.

I went to Monaco on Sunday which is not (as I had originally thought) a city but its own country. We casually strolled the streets while Ferraris sped past and Rolls Royces were parked on every corner. Sick. I felt like I was in Disneyland times 1000.

Monaco has one of the most intriguing aquariums I have ever encountered in all my 20 years of aquarium expertise. There were turtles of gigantic proportions, fish of the oddest shapes, and colors, colors, colors! The aquarium is in a palace (of course) right on a cliff of the Mediterranean coast. The chandeliers were either made of glass shells or shaped like urchins. There was an exhibit on the upper floors dedicated to French-American marine exploration. Sheesh, my head could not stop spinning with ideas for paintings and stories and costumes!

Tomorrow I take the placement test for language school. It might do me some good to review. I'm so excited to actually focus on something! Classes will, then, begin on Monday...

4 Comments:

Blogger Darth_Harbison said...

Reviewing before a test is usually a good thing, yeah. Good luck!

P.S. First comment! Haha!!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

i technically had the first comment because of the image... they were posted at the same time so its sorta one BIG post ;)

anyhow, speak... or... write french like you never have before! knock them off their petit french heels! HAW HAW~! i miss you eleanor- my southern bread red headed friend ;)

when will we hear from you again? and what kind of phone cards do you use?

-YLD

11:34 AM  
Blogger Jason Rasmussen said...

Oh yes, home cooked meals are wonderful. Time to start brushing up on how to say (and I know I will butcher it): omle du framage.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Darth_Harbison said...

No, Rae!! No!! NO NO NO!!!!!!! THE FIRST COMMENT WAS MINE!!!!!! MIIIIIINNNNEEEEE!!!!!!!!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home